Saturday, May 05, 2007

We went to TOKYO




Though Tokyo is my hometown, I've lived in Utsunomiya longer than in Tokyo. And the town of Tokyo has always changed. So the visit of Tokyo was like a sightseeing tour.




I met my elder daughter, and she said that she's seen Tokyo Tower from a window of bus, but she's never entered it.
So we went to Tokyo tower. But this week is "golden week"; consecutive holidays. It was really crowded. We had to wait for more than 2 hourse to enter it. So we gave up, just looked it up from the foot.
Then we went to Roppongi to see a new building which is called Tokyo Midtown, it opend recently. It was also very crowded.
So we dropped by a cafe and talked , talked, talked.
Now she seemed to enjoy the college life. She is dealing with metal this term.
Though I sometimes talked her with phone, I was really glad to talk her directly.
Well, while we were visiting Roppogi, my husband was weeding at his mother's house. He was really dutiful son, wasn't he? (He's never weeded in our garden.)

2 comments:

kei♥ said...

cities are always changing. i live in spain, at the canary islands. my hometown is call "las palmas de gran canaria", but now, i've been living in madrid for 3 years, because i'm studying graphic design (which is not imparted in my city). Well, everytime i return, i find a lot of new things there, more shops, more restaurants... it's amazing!, maybe it's surprising because my city is not too big, i know. so now imagine tokio! one of the biggest and developed cities in the world. haha, that must be crazy :)

anyways, i'm glad your daughter is happy with her new independent life :) i wish i could go to japan :_ but it's so far away from here, and so expensive :_ and there's the thing of the languaje too.. damn, it's difficult btw ! T_T

would you adopt me? haha :)
well, take care !
kisses from spain

Mieko said...

Hello kelita.x! Do you live in Spain? What country is it like? My image of your country is "sun" and "flameco".
I also wish I could go to Spain.

Anyway if you have a chance to come to Japan, visit this small town.