Sunday, August 19, 2007

curry and rice


Today it was the last day for our (my husband and me) summer vacation. From tomorrow we'll have dinner separately.

So today I made two kinds of curry and rice.

Summer vegetable curry and coconut milk curry.


In Japan many people use commercial curry roux. Today I made them from garam masala and other spice.


It was the first time to make coconut milk curry. The other day I found the recipe I'd wanted to make it and my daughter had asked me to make it. So finaly I made it. It' not so hot, because just use onions, coconut milk, tomato , garam masala, and salt. I put an boild egg instead of rice.

Another curry was my usual curry-- vegetable curry. I put egg plants, green peppers, asparagus and GOYA.

They were yummy!!


Well, the GOYA grew in my garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love curry! I make curry for my family using the Japanese curry blocks and my whole family loves it. We don't like really hot curry so I buy the 'mild' one. It is very hard to find in the shops so sometimes I have to drive to a special shop just to buy it. It is a shop called The Hub and it sells some lovely food imported from Japan like ice creams and sweets.

Anonymous said...

Thank you shelley, I had been thinking how I would describe that Japanese curry blocks.
It's OK just to say Japanese curry blocks, isn't it?
Using such Japanese curry blocks, the curry thickens, doesn't it.
For us it is an usual curry, but for some foregin people it might be weird. Mieko