Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Which makes me got fat, Japanese fried pork( Tonkatsu) or Japanese stew of pork and potatoes (NIKUJYAGA)?

The explanation of Tonakatu and Nikujaga is here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonkatsu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikujaga
I had thought; Tonkatsu did. Because we need lots of oil to cook Tonkatsu. But for elder people carbohydrate like potatoes, rice and so on is easy to become fat that oily foods. Carbohydrate is easier to be digested than oily foods. This fact made me surprised. Because not to get fat, I tend to avoid fatty food like Tonkatsu which is my favorite food and to keep energy I try to take carbohydrate like potatoes and rice. Especially during this hot and humid summer, to ride out this tough weather, I try to eat carbohydrate more, and to drink liquid (sugar free) more. --- AND I got fat!!! Oh, no!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

More calories in (food) than calories out (exercise) is what makes you fat - it really doesn't matter where they come from - fried foods, potatoes, vegetables, fish, candy, meat. Too many calories from any kind of food will make you fat.

Your health depends on what kinds of foods you eat. You can loose weight eating nothing but a few potato chips every day, but you will get sick from bad nutrition.

Anonymous said...

More calories in (food) than calories out (exercise) is what makes you fat
It's a clear logic, I know.
In my case the older I get, the less I exercise. So I should exercise more or take less calories.
Which is easier???? I don't know.For me both ways seem to be hard.

Anonymous said...

Depending on how you make your nikujyaga, it could have more kilocalories than tonkatsu.

Also, in my experience, one uses a lot of mirin in nikujyaga. Mirin has a lot of sugar, and has lots of kilocalories.

If you adjust your nikujyaga recipe, you can make it healthier.

Substitute satsumaimo for the jyagaimo in your nikujyaga, and cook with less mirin.

Do not use minced or ground beef unless it is very lean, to reduce the calories