Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Do you know the word of presbyopia glasses?

A few days ago I wrote about my new glasses. And I got a question. What are prebyopia glasses?

I'm nearsighted, so I need wearing glasses, MEGANE in Japanese.
And usualy most Japanese people need wearing "ROGANKYO", when they are gettin old and it is difficult to read small letters. Though they are kind of glasses, we call then "ROGANKYO", and my dictinoary says "prbyopia glasses".

These days bifocal glasses mainly used. So on the day I went to buy bifocal glasses. But the clerk suggested "there are five kinds of lenses, you should think when you use the new one most?
if you often drive you should chose bifocal glasses, but you often read books and use PC you should chose the glasses that are for PC and reading books.
So I decided using to glasses according to the situation.

Do you know the word of prebyopia glasses?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I think we just call them "reading glasses". We say "glasses" to cover all glasses in general, and reading glasses or bifocals, specifically. I can't thinkof any other specifc types of glasses.

Anonymous said...

"Reading glasses" sounds cool. Actaully when we becaome old, it gets difficult for us to read small letters, or to do delicate things. So "reading glases" is proper to call them. Mieko