Sunday, December 09, 2007

NIKKO




Have you ever been to NIKKO in Japan? In NIKKO there is TOUSHOUGU that is registered as the world heritage. This weekend we(my husband, my youger daugher and I) went to NIKKO, but not visited TOUSHOUGU.

As I told you, this fall she was accepted by a college. And now she is given to assignments. One is solving one math book. And another one is report about 5 buildings with the skeching. So we went NIKKO to take some pictures.

The right photo is our favorite and really famous Japanese sweets 'YOUKAN' shop. They deal with only one kind of YOUKAN. Usually in the morning all YOUKANs are sold out.

We drove up IROHA-hill, and went to OKUNIKKO. There is a lake. On the day though it was cold, it was really clear day.

Near the lake that is called CYUZENJIKO, there is a villa that used to belong Itariaembassy. Now it isn't used, it remains as a memorial house. The house is built by marquetry way. It is the left photo.
Thanks of her assigments we had a good drive!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mieko
Last month when I visited Japan I had hoped to go to Nikko but we ran out of time so I missed out. I have heard Nikko is very famous and beautiful, so maybe I will be able to visit Japan again one day and see it then.

Anonymous said...

When you come to Japan again, please let me know it. I'll introduce NIKKO.

owenandbenjamin said...

I love Nikko. My wife's family lives there and they own a small hotel in Nikko called the Nikko Hanabusa.

Nikko is my favorite place in Japan.

Anonymous said...

Hello tornados28, and thanks leaving your comments.
Your wife's family own the hottel? OK, when someone asks me to the hotel in NIKKO, I'll recomment the hotel.
Well, have you ever been to the ex-vila of Itarian embassy?

owenandbenjamin said...

No, I have not visited the old Italian embassy. I hope to someday. That is near Lake Chuzenji, correct?

I also attended the 1000 samurai matsuri in Nikko, which I liked very much.

Anonymous said...

Yes it's near the lake.
and the festival called "YABUSAME" is rally famous.

Anonymous said...

I went to Nikko when my 2nd-year high school students went on their school trip to the Tokyo area from Beppu-shi. My son and I both went and we had a wonderful time; however, it seemed like we spent a great many hours traveling there and only about half an hour actually sightseeing. I wish that we had had more time to look around.

mss @ nipponDAZE

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending me your diary link again (lost when I had a computer crash).
Is Youkan the red bean paste sweet? Chiyo and I stopped on our way to Nikko and enjoyed a cup of tea and a famous kind of sweet at a little place right next to a lovely waterfalls. Jan

Anonymous said...

To Stevens
If you could come here now, you would show different interests to NIKKOU.
Actaully I grew up in TOKYO, and my school trip of elementary school was going to NIKKOU. My memory about NIKKO was boring.
Now I enjoy NIKKOU every time.

To Jan
I think you ate dumpling. Anyway as you know most Japanese sweets are made from AZUKI(small beans) and lots of suger.
For you most of sweets may taste too sweet.
I think the sweet taste of ours is different from yours.