Monday, December 10, 2007

school trip

Now at most public high schools it is the season for the last school trip for the second grade students. Recently in this area going to OKINAWA is populer; to get the knowlege directly about the World War 2nd, and at some schools, they organize to let their students stay at American army camp family's houses. One of my students stayed with an American family. She said "I could talk with them somehow, and the family prasied me". I was glad to hear that.
And she also said "I know "yes or no" is really important".

Japanese people are said to tend to get everything vague, Probably it is right. So she said "sometimes it is hard to decide my will"

anyway she had a good experience. this week another student is in OKINAWA. I'm looking forward to hearing her comments.

Well, her suvenior is the famous "CHINSUKOU" kind of cookies. Chinsukou is one of my favorite cookies. But in this season we have some kinds of cookies (Wallkers Christams shortbread, chocochip cookies etc.) I hope next suvenior will be BENIIMO(kind of sweet potatoes) chips instead of Chinsukou.

4 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

Your english is very good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I've been studying English by myself through this diary.
It's fun.

Anonymous said...

I lived in Okinawa when I was 10 years old because my father was stationed at Kadena AFB. Living there is part of what made me so interested in Japan and why I moved back (to Kyushu) when my own son was 10 years old. Okinawa is very beautiful. I have many wonderful memories of it.

mss @ nipponDAZE

Anonymous said...

Hi M sinclar stevens
I solved one mystery about you-- why you used to live in Kyusyu, and why you learn Japanese very hard.
I'm really happy to know you love Japan.