Wednesday, July 09, 2008

give up!




I knew, these days I was very tired. And suddenly my gums swelled up. I could hardly open my mouth, it means, I could hardly eat anything, and even drink anything.

Now I'm getting better, I sart to eat semisolid food slowly.


But the problem is not solved.

After the swelling goes down, I have to get my wisdom tooth pulled out. At that time, I might have another problem, my gums might swell up again.

After these hard steps, I will be free from this problem.

Now I feel down, "give up".


Well, for something completely different, I'll show these days foods.

Though some people remember I love SHISO, SHISO leaves are growing in my garden. The end of summer I'm going to make SHISO juice as usual. This time, I made SHISO jelly for the first time. Does it look cool? Does it suit to summer sweets?

And my husband got some zucchini at a local farmer's shop. It was the first time for us to see round zucchini. We thought zucchini looked like big cucumbers. Anyway I cooked them, to bake zucchini bread (I grated them) and to grill whole zucchini.

---- eating is great fun, so I'm very sad now because I can't enjoy eating.


I have one wonderful and surprising thing.

Do you remember that my husband, my friends and I are going to have a concert at the end of Aubust at "the " tearoom where I play the piano once a month. Last week, all the chickets were sold out. We are really surprised, happy, and --- nervous.

2 comments:

Kharina said...

Aw Mieko! Drink a lot of liquids, make sure you drink a lot of soup and cool things to make your gums calm down. It helps to gargle asprin or mouthwash too to prevent infections!
I love shisho too, I bought some special dipping sauce from an online japanese store. Almost running out now. Take care, so you can enjoy your foods soon again. :]

Anonymous said...

You know SHISO? Do you have SHISO in Britain?
Now I have them almost everyday, because they are growing lots in the garden. They have lots of minerals.