Thursday, January 29, 2009

felt balls

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Here and there we see chocolate corner in any shops. (In Japan it is a "usual" thing to present chocolate from females (from kids to elder women) to males.



Well, I'll not write about Valentine. (on the hand, if some know a good site of Valentine's origins in easy English, please tell me.)

In my class when an event day comes, we make craft. Some or most kids are looking forward to doing instead of a usual "English lesson". In November we made Halloween craft, in December we made Christmas craft, and in January I skipped though I got "huge"booing. And in February I'm going to make felt balls together.

Making felt balls is really easy, we can do it using a plastic case that is a container of small article kids get at a game center, some wool, and, and some soap. You put some cutting wool into the plastic case , add a drop of soap, and pour a little warm water. Put a lid hardly and shake it for a while. Drain the water -- and done.


One of my friend is into making felt balls, actually I was taught felt balls from her. And she gave this necklace. She is a story teller. So When she was making it, she thinking about the book "a hungry caterpillar". Do you know the book?





On the other hand, when I knew felt balls, I though it might be fun to read a book using felt balls. So I made some felt balls for the book "a little yellow and a little blue". Do you know this book?

No comments: