Thursday, May 21, 2009

How are you doing?

About ten days have passed since I updated this site. I'm so-so. Last week I had a slight fever. My husband was afraid I could have caught by "Swin Flu", no, just a cold. And last week swin flu wasn't not confirmed in Kantou yet, just only KOBE, though this week in TOKYO swin flu was confirmed. Here and there gauze (recently instead of gauze, three layers nonwoven is used) masks are sold out. How about your city? or country?

Since this month I started to go to TOKYO once a week to attend a meeting again. The meeting is fun, but it makes me really tired physically. But the meeting and the members get me a lot of energy, and from this power I can manage my English picture book meeting here. It's difficult to get such energy here, on the other hand it's difficult to manage such family-like meeting here in Tokyo. Last week I hold a English story-telling in the public liberally, many people came. I was really happy. Of course I'm not a native English speaker, but showing the attitude to enjoy English probably get people (not only kids) stimulus. There are many people who have a English allergy.

Well, in Japan swin flu comes, and we are in recession. My daughter's workplace is not decided, she is a senior. I'm not sure she can share her 4 year's experience in the college at work. And she doesn't pursue her art course, she wants to work in general. Now it is her life, it is her choice, my husband and I are just watching. If she were in a good booming period, it would have been easy to get job. It cannot helped.

It is the time for students coming. I'll update again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are the swine flu does not seem to be a big threat here in the SE part of the USA. I see no masks but I probably would consider one if I was on a crowded subway in NYC or a similar situation.
You daughter would not be the first college graduate who does not follow her studies. This is especially true for non-technical/science students. I was one of them! Why cannot we be more practical and see into the future when choosing our course of study in the beginning? There will always be good jobs at good salaries in certain fields and just the opposite in other fields of study where finding good jobs will always be a struggle. Jan

Anonymous said...

To Jan
It is one way to be a graduate student, actually she is thinking about the course. But after that it will be the same difficult situation to get a job with good salaries.
She said, "anyway I want to work in general at first as a businesswoman, and if I recognize to pursue my art carrer, I might bot to a graduate college or an art training center with herbudget.