Saturday, June 27, 2009

July is just around the corner.

Today it was really hot, thought it is still rain season. According to the weather report, since this Monday it will drizzle again.

But anyway July is just around the corner.

On July 7 it is TANABATA or the Star Festival. On the day, people write their wishes on colorful strips of paper and hang them on bamboo branches.
So I put "plastic" bamboo tree at the entrance, and next week I'll have TANABATA lessons writing student's wishes on paper stars.

I'm happy to celebrate this festival. If you live in Japan, you don't see such bamboo trees in your neighbor hood. When I was a child, my mother got a bamboo tree from somewhere, and I would hang some strips of paper written my wishes.
But now, such "event" is done at kindergartens or nursery schools.




Well, the day after tomorrow, the July issue of a magazine goes on sale. In the magazine, my friends works are introduced. I have one. I'm proud having it, and having such a friend. Congratulations chocominto-san.

http://book.nihonvogue.co.jp/search/searchDetail.do?productId=3225






No comments: