Tuesday, July 28, 2009

an Usual day --> a usual day

Well, Well, my husband came back without no troubles. He seems not to catch the swine flu.

(He said, "I conduit find thermography at the immigration checks", we heard at Narita airport to check swine flu, everybody takes a thermographic examination there.)



Yesterday, it was a bad weather. A city of GUNMA prefecture , that is next to TOCHIGI prefecture, took a direct hit from a tornado. It was in the evening. At that time, I was in the house, and neighbors who were patrolling, came to warn me "a tornado warning was announced this area, be careful!"

"Really??, what should I do?" I was just stay inside, and later I knew a tornado hit to TATEBAYASHI city. What a pity thing!


We had a bad rain with big thunder yesterday. These days we have often thunder, and at some of my friends' house, their modems or computers were broken by thunder. So when I hear the thunder, I unplug my computer and computer, though I often forgot to unplug "his" computer.



This morning, it is not raining, but it's not sunny. I did lots of washing, and anyway I put them out -- but will they get dry???? I don' know.



I found MYOUGA in the back garden. Do you know MYOUGA, it is kind of Japanese ginger.

I'm glad to see them again this summer. They suit to cold noodle very much.

2 comments:

Tim Frost said...

There seems to have been a lot of bad weather in Japan recently. Another "web friend" of mine lives near Fukuoka and nearly had to evacuate her apartment because of rising flood water. Fortunately it stopped a few centimetres from her floor level. (She lives on the ground floor).

English help:
The title of your post should be "A Usual Day" not "An Usual Day". We use "An" instead of "A" before a vowel sound, but the "U" of "Usual" is not a vowel sound, it is like "Yoo". (juː in the International Phonetic Alphabet)

If the title said the opposite, then it would be "An Unusual Day" because the "U" of "Unusual" is a vowel sound, like "Uh". (ʌ in the IPA)

Mieko said...

Thanks and sorry.
I'm embarrased.The mistake that I made was very simple.