Thursday, October 22, 2009

Does anyone know the name of these candies?


I hope someone tell me the names, the photo is not good.

For this Halloween, my friend send me candy corn, and I found a good book for the candy.

And I thought, these candies of the page might have their own names, not just candy.


I thought and did some searching but not complete yet.

One chocolate coin,
Two chocolate balls
Three gummi worms
Four ring drops??
Five Jelly Beans
Six rainbow sour candyies?? ????? though we call them RAMUNE
Seven block candies?? , gum candyies?? or tuffies?? (they are pink and square in the real pictures)
Eight milk candies?? (they are white and something little and orange is on the top in the real pictures )
Nine lolly pops
and
Ten candy corns

6 comments:

saffron said...

Hi mieko,

the rainbow roll wrapped candy - a popular American brand is Smarties, the green rings could be jelly rings or Life Savers, the 7 pink squares could be bubble gum, or Starburst fruit chews - similar to Hi Chew fruit candy.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

saffron Thanks
Well,
So is this way to read this page is good? I don't know whether the plural forms are right or not.
1 chocolate coin
2 chocolate balls
3 gummi worms
4 green Lefe Savers
5 Jelly beans
6 Smarties
7 bubbl bum
8 milk bonbons??
9 lolly pops
10 candy corns.

Well, you know Hi Chew, do you live in Japan?

saffron said...

1 chocolate coin
2 chocolate balls
3 gummi worms
4 green Life Savers
5 jelly beans
6 rolls of Smarties
7 pieces of bubble gum
8 milk bon bons
9 lollipops
10 pieces of candy corn

I would like to live in Japan (I'm planning to teach English abroad), but no, currently I live in California. There are Japanese supermarkets where I live, and I visit them frequently, so I know about Hi Chew. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for correcting my sentenes.
Plural forms are really difficult because we don't have them.
now, number eight is OK? I want to use bon-bons somewhere, but usualy bon-bons are covered with chocolate.

saffron said...

I haven't seen candies like that for #8, but bon bons should be fine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks saffron,
one of friends, she is Japanese, loves smarties, she said.