Monday, November 09, 2009

3 months passed


Since Lea came to Japan, three months passed. So "8th" is a special day for her. Last month I baked brownie, yesterday she baked apple tart for us.

It looks good, and actually it was delicious.

--- while she was making , some troubles happened.

It was really big, we (Yuki, Lea and I) ate half of it, and she took the rest to school today. Her classmates must be surprised and enjoy.


Well, Well, the tart is really good, baked well, texture is good. It's soft but keeps crunchy texture. Sometimes I baked, but I couldn't do like this. This time I knew the reason. Because I always reduce the volume of sugar and butter.

It means she use lots of sugar and butter.

She says " I understand, why many Japanese people are slim." and before she baked it, she asked "may I bake it with usual sweetness?"
Actually it was really sweet, but it was really delicious.


Well, Well, I'll tell you another topic about food.
She doesn't like Japanese pickles that are pickled with salt. But she loves BETTLA-ZUKE.
BETTLAZUKE are pickled with salt and rice malt. Because of rice malt, it is sweet.
I love BETTALA ZUKE, so I'm happy to get a person who loves BETTLA ZUKE.


2 comments:

Tamara Marnell said...

I'm 100% American and even I think people overdo it on the oils and sweeteners in baked goods. When I'm baking at home I reduce them, but when it's for parties or friends I make the unhealthy original recipe. It's just what people expect.

Anonymous said...

Wellcom Tamara
The cake was really nice, but sweet, but nice.
And once upon a time sweet was treasure.
Sometimes OK, sometimes we need to reduce oil and sugar.