Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Old scare stories in the world --- probably

Now, as you know, I'm at the PC. It is 1 o'clock in the afternoon, usually this time an adult woman comes to take my lesson (mostly we chat though.) Today she is absent, so I've started to use English by myself through the web.
Well, the question of the poll is that,Do you know these "scary" stories in the world?
These stories are introduced by a Japanese publish firm "FUKUINKAN", and of course for kids.
There are ten stories.
1 Frau Trude written by Grimm brothers
2 The singing Bone written by Grimm brothers
3 a lamp of the life; one of Greek old stories
4 the treasure of a ghost; British old stories
5 Perseus and the Gorgon one of Greek myths
6 a bride of Satan one of Russian old stories
7 vampire one of Russian old stories (the main character's name is Vanie)
8 the wolf man one of British old stories
9 Bluebeard written by Charles Perrault
10 a monster who can swallow anything; one of Russian old stories

No 3,4,5,6, 7, 8, 10 I don't know the English title. But anyway they are introduced as the scare stores in the world.
Unfortunately or fortunately ( I hate scare stories) I didn't know anything.

Well, Well, one of my favorite "scary" story is BANCHYO SARAYASHIKI.

The origin is a scary story, but this story is taken as a funny story (RAKUGO), I love the funny version.

No comments: