Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Housekeeping books


Do you do your household accounts? I do, though I don't know whether it is useful or not to save our money.

Anyway I do, and I usually renew the books in December, now I got two books for 2011 fiscal year.
Until few years ago, or when my daughters were here, we used cash mainly, so I kept the track of cash that went in and out. When we use credit card, usually we paid luxury things by credit card.
These days, I often use credit cards, even when I buy some grocery at a supermarket. So I need to control to use credit cards.
I bought two books, one is to keep the track of cash. It is green one. The title says "just put receipts ." Probably it will be easier for me to jot down what I bought. These days I don't need to hand out aimless money, allowance or entertainment allowance to my daughters, and stop it to YUKI. or when he needs some extra money, I always jot down the purpose.
The other is the book for credit cards. It is easy to put together the invoice and receipts.
Anyway I hope I can keep the habit.

3 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

This is an area I strive to improve in... this is a great way to keep track with ones spending, so I will look into finding something similar to try myself... Thanks for sharing a great idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Here in the US, where money is "tight" now, the advice is to use cash because you usually don't spend as much. You are more aware when you see your cash disappearing from your purse. However, credit cards are easier and many of us gain airplane miles each time we use the card...an incentive to use them. Jan

Mieko said...

Tarrah08, thank your for your comments? Well do you have such kind of books? In this season we see lots of kind of housekeeping books at book stores. Buying books is the easiest, keeping track is easier, but saving money is---the hardest.

Jan, Hello Jan, first I have to tell you. Do you know now your government prohibit to get personal pacakge from foreign countries --- so I can't send something Japanese to you-----. what a shame! Christmas season is just around the corner.

And, OK let me one thing to suggest you --- "Please" use your credit card more, and come to Japan again, both of you don't play golf here at Yuki's golf club.