Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday is almost over



Today, it was a really warm day in the daytime, now --- it's getting cold.
Well, this afternoon, I went to the library nearby to read some picture books to people. After tan announcement about 25 people came to a marrow reading room. I introduced Thanks giving day through this book.


BUT, unfortunately I forgot an important thing. Yuki went back from America with a toy turkey and sweets. (though I wanted a turkey shaped wreath)

In Japan we seldom see real turkeys, I heard they are in Ueno-Zoo in Tokyo.





And one thing didn't make it in time, though in the first I ordered it too late. What is "it". It is ----skunk scent. My friend founded where I would get it, and I ordered a bottle of skunk scent, and a bottle of acorn skunk. The last book I read today was "we're going on a leave haunt". The ending is everybody runs away as soon as they see skunk. Of course I wouldn't spray this scent, just I would put one drop on a tissue, and pass the tissue among the audience.
When I got home, a postman delivered them. What a shame!

On the other hand I took HINOKI chips, the tree of Hinoki is said to grow in Japan and Taiwan, the scent is very familiar as wonderful scent.



Well, now I have to prepare today's supper, Yuki bought WASABI-leaves. They are not leaves of WASABI, probably Wasbi-taste-grass. I'll make salad, and today's main is spaghetti with home made meat sauce.

See you tomorrow.


P.S

To tarra

This is the last item of Kitty -chan, it is now a bag for my "lunch box".

2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

Congratulations Mieko on such a great day at the library and on having such an audience to read to! Do you ever get nervous reading in front of so many people? What an adorable Kitty bag! Did you make it? My daughter wants a Hello Kitty bag for herself! :) Thanksgiving is right around the corner.. So I have a few Turkey and Autumn leaf decorations out. My daughter loves using "window clings" which are reusable "vinyl-type stickers" that are made for all the different holidays and she can apply them herself. Do you have many types of "window clings" available or none at all?

Mieko said...

Happy Thanks Giving, Tarrah
the bag -- I got it, probably from a friend, and I've kept it for a long time in a drawer, these days I found it, so I often use it when I go out.