Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Groundhog day

Today it was Groundhog day. How was the weather in your city? It was "sunny", so this cold winter seems to stay hear for a while.

Tomorrow it is SETSUBUN. Some people do MAMEMKI (throwing beans), though I'm not going to do it. Only I'll whisper "Demons out, luck in."

To tell the truth, this morning the network in this house didn't run. Fortunately Yuki still stayed at home. So he examined all cables, and checked the devices. All devices looked OK. So he called NTT customer center. They said they had no problem then. And they suggested to us to unplug all devices including network devices. Though we shut down our computer, and unplugged wireless device, didn't unplug basic our optical network device. We unplugged all devices, and plugged them in again. Our network system recovered.

If Yuki had gone to work, what would I have done?
As soon as I knew the network system didn't work, I was really depressed and struck dumb with surprise. If Yuki had not been here, I would have given up to do network, cancelled all work, and stayed in bed sulking.
I knew I really depend on the Internet.
Using the Internet like browsing blogs, writing blogs, and getting information via Internet is the best way for me to release my stress, to relax, and to think about myself.

I know it's not good to depend on the Internet too much ---but at present I don't find the better way. What should I do?
Anyway

2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

Hello Mieko! Our weather here in Florida is pleasant..at the moment, but could and will change soon, like a roller coaster ride in the winter, warm one week and far too cold the next. The flu has been making its way through our home.. :( It is also that time of year as well. It was refreshing to see your trouble cleared up in such a timely fashion, and with just one phone call! I have logged far too many hours with customer care concerning internet issues. ;)
I also share your " mild depression" when mine is being temperamental as well, and the next time it misbehaves you'll have some tactics to try just in case you're by yourself. :)

Mieko said...

Thanks Tarrah, I'm glad you understood my frustration, or mild depression.
And though I know other American or even Japanese are so worried about heavy snow in this winter, fortunately we are in usual hard winter.