Saturday, February 05, 2011

It is Satruday night.

As you know I'm sitting at PC now.
February Third, in each class my students did MAMEMAKI-- they threw beans outside saying "demons out, luck come". And at midnight (it means, after Yuki came back) we ate beans. Though as our custom we have to eat beans as many as our age, it's too much, so we ate beans as many as the number of the tenths place. Does it make sense? -- To say simply, we ate five beans.


When I bought a bag of beans at a shop, the clerk said you would get one mask with a bag. And there were two kinds of masks. So I bought two bags of beans. One mask was a demon, and one mask was --- I was really surprised, it was not a usual mask for SETSUBUN --- it was OFUKU-san. OFUKU-san is said to keep her smile, and to be with luck. So they have mask of OFUKU-san to demonstrate luck against a demon.
It was not the first time only for me but also for my students to see the OFUKU-san mask on the day.


It was OK to get two masks. But we had too much beans to throw and eat.



I thought I would throw all the rest of the beans, but --- I wanted other students who would come the other days to eat "my" beans.
So I re-cooked; dressed them with sugar. They were tasty. Some kids were very pleased, but two kids preferred usual (salty) beans.Anyway we enjoyed MAMEMAKI, and beans.

Today, for all my students it was the day of interview test. I took all of them to a place where interview test was done. Fortunately everyone came. If some one would be absent, I have to take him or her on another day. My special event was done in a day. Lucky me!

In the evening Yuki and I went shopping to buy a can of coconut milk and nan. And --- can you guess?, yes I made Indonesian chicken curry with red rice.
Against our expectation, it was not so hot, and it was tasty.








Well, to tell more, yesterday midnight I set a timer of my bread-maker. So this morning we could eat fresh bread. Jan, can you see this photo? The bread-maker is made by ZOJIRUSHI.












This week I did extra-cooking very much. What a good wife I am! (Tomorrow we'll eat left over, so I'll do notany cooking.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you making fresh bread for breakfast one morning when I visited you. At that time, I had a Panasonic bread maker but didn't use it very much. However, I decided to start making our bread again and "upgraded" to a Zojirushi. It has the best reviews of all the bread machines. Jan

Mieko said...

Jan, just let suggest me a thing. when you use a bfead machine, the taste, the look (distention) are depends on the kinds of bread flour. It is not conected with the cost. Just it is whether the bread flour you select is a good match with your bread maker.
I use a doemstic bread flour to make the taxture sticker, and a Canadian bread flour to blow it up more.