Friday, February 18, 2011

Potato pancake


This is today's our breakfast. Can you see the box of "Bavarian potato pancake mix"?
I used it sent by my friend.
Bavarian means an area of German, so probably the sign wants to say German potato pancake. But unfortunately we don't know what is German potato pancake, so when we ate it we felt American taste.
We like it. Every time we try to American food we think, most of foods set up their own taste. In other words, they are spicy, strong or complicated taste. (Additionally some are too sweet for us, and some are too hot to me.)
On the other hand Japanese food, I think, try to hide their own taste each other, or assimilate each other, in other words, they are bland, mild, and shy.
What do you think of it?

This time I cook it according to the recipe written on the back of the box. Now I have a half of bag of it. So next time I'll add shredded potatoes into it.

No comments: