Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween month

For your country it might be Thanksgiving week, but, in my class, it's Halloween month.
Though as I wrote about pumpkins,  a farmer I always get pumpkins from  for almost free, couldn't grow pumpkins because of this disaster. I thought I wouldn't let make my students Jack-o-lanterns. But I want to give new students in this year a taste of doing it.
and I ordered pumpkins through the Internet.
On the other hand fortunately another farmer gave me some Japanese pumpkins which are green outside, so I simmered them to make pumpkins paste.









Now Halloween month begins. Of course the sweet came. Though Halloween has become popular in Japan, I've never seen candy corn. To show how candy corn is traditional sweet, a picture books is necessary.
I prepared pumpkin napkins. And it is the turn of the pumpkin spice.
Today's adult lesson is going to be done outside with pumpkin spiced coffee.

I appreciate Jan's kindness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good English teacher! I know your students must love coming to your classes because you put so much effort into them.

Mieko said...

Thanks for your compliments, though I don't know whether I'm a good "English" teeacher or not. Anyway I'll show how I've learned and enjoyed our life.