Saturday, February 04, 2012

Looking back on New Year's holiday

This Wednesday in my adult class we talked about  this New Year's Activities. Here, I'll look back on my New Year's holiday again.
How long is my New Year's vacation? Almost a week.
What are my usual plans for the holiday? I usually "take "my mother to a hot spring, and visit my mother in-law in Tokyo.
What do you usually do to get ready for  New Year's? I make travel reservation, put up decorations, and make cards.
What do you usually do on New Year's Eve? I stay here or at an inn, with my family and my mother.
Do you send New Year's cards? Of course, sometimes it's troublesome to make cards, but I really like to receive them, so I send New Year's cards every year.
Where do you get your New Year's cards? Usually I make them on my computer.

Next big holiday is in May, we call it "golden week". We are planing a big thing.

Until the next holiday I want to gain more strength, --- so I continue to workout. As you know, I "hate" exercise.
Well, well , the other day the test results of the checkup I took last month came. Fortunately I don't have any big problems, but the score of LDL is really high. The level is "c", which means "caution needed". And to lower the score I "have to" do exercise. ---- I groan "I don't like it".

Additionally, the sweet on this Wednesday was a sweet cake roll.


My friend baked it. It was really wonderful.
And this Friday it was a day of "SETSUGUN", we usually eat EHOUMAKI-sushi. but my students, Yuki and I ate EHOUMAKI-sweet instead of sushi. (I don't know which has more calorie?)

EHOUMAKI is sushi roll, and we believe that we'll get good luck if we can eat a whole sushi roll without making any noise facing toward the south-southeast, which is believed to be the lucky direction for the year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was interesting to see how you spent your new year's holiday ! I guess people all spend it differently depending where they live and what nationality they are and which traditions they follow...
Usually, in france, xmas is like in every country , spent with the family but new year's eve with friends. The kids celebrated the new year with friends, each at different places and I spent new year's eve with husband. I had set a nice tablescaped silver and wintry landscape table and we ate nice food we had bought in a delicatessen and i had made a French chocolate log. It was peaceful and nice.
Tablescaping is my passion and i set a new tablescape every week.If you are interested in seeing some of my tables i can send some photos if you send me an email address.I'm currently crafting several home made creations for my new valentine's table i'll set on friday. Do you celebrate Valentine's day in Japan ?
Have a good sunday !
dom

Mieko said...

I love the idea to buy "nice food" in a "nice" delicatessen, though I like to cook.
Well, I'm really interested in your tablescape, but I don't like to open my e-mail address here because I don't like to get junk mails. Do you use facebook? If you use facebook, I'll go check, or please come to my facebook.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, i never use Facebook and have no account there but i guess that having your blog, you can see my private email address so you can send me a mail and in that case, i'll be able to reply privately and send some photos without your or my address being shown to people. Is that ok?..I do understand your reluctance to leave your email address on your blog.Some people leave their email address on their blog where to contact them but you didn't leave any...never mind...lol....
I prepared an awful lot of food for xmas with the kids at home so we thought new year's eve was relaxing time for us...LOL...i spent some time on my chocolate xmas french log though..lol.. and spent three hours on the tabelscaping setting the table...lol... so i guess it was enough time spent preparing new year's eve..lol....
just snowed a lot on France recently..
dom

Mieko said...

Dom, I'm not sure how to send e-mail directly from this blog to me. But when you put a comment, before it's opened I always confirm whether it's OK or not to open it.
So if you give your new comment including your e-mail address, I'll check and won't open it. Instead of opening it I'll e-mail to you personally.