Saturday, February 18, 2012

Preparing for March

I put away Valentine's decoration and put Hina dolls.

I found an interesting site, and "learned" what is HINA-matsuri.


I have a set of Hina-dolls, but it's troublesome to decorate all of dolls, so I just put an emperor and and empress. I hope my daughters will have a great partner each other.

Well, let me introduce a Japanese condiment called SHIO KOUJI (rice malt with salt).


I put lotus roots in a pot and cover them with water, and add a table spoon of SHIO KOUJI. Then I boiled them a few minutes. DONE.
Though I prepared red mayonnaise, we didn't need it. Thanks to SHIO KOUJI, we enjoyed original lotus roots. Have you ever used this kind of malt as a condiment?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very exotic and pretty decorations and an exotic plate !
did you see my new tablescape ?
see you !
dom
have just packed my suitcase for Austria, leaving on friday morning !!! just looking forward to it !

Mieko said...

Hi, dom. I like your cick tablescap. Have a nice trip.