Monday, September 24, 2012

To Tokyo

This Sunday Yuki and I went to Tokyo to see an exhibition.
SHINSEISAKU exhibition is being held until October 1 at the National Art Center in Roppongi.
Why did we go there?


Our elder daughter T's work is on display. And to our delight she won a prize.

We went to see it with my younger daughter M, my mother and my mother-in-law.
Before going to the Art Center, we had a wonderful lunch in ROPPONGI.

It's a typical Japanese cuisine. For our daughters YAGIKIU must have been better, but this time we were with 84 year-old woman, and 76 year-old woman. So in such a opportunity, this Japanese cuines is suitable. Of course M ordered one more dish, it was TEMPURA.

It is a wonderful thing for T to win a prise, and we are very proud of having such a daughter. And the work this time was very huge. I was very surprised to see it. I'm very impressed my daughter T who is 146 cm tall, has such a strong power to make it.
And another thing made me very surprised --- it is that the carrying cost from her workshop to the Art center was 19000yen one way. And her work is moved to KYOTO to be on display on another exhibition. But she has to pay the carrying cost, it will be around 20000 yen.
Though she works hard, it's really difficult to keep making works.
We'll support her as much as we can.

Anyway congratulations T
After we arrived at Utsunomiya, we dropped by a wine bar and celebrate the day.
 Thanks of her, we met all members of my family, and we had a good weenend.


4 comments:

Helen said...

Congratulations to your daughter!

Transporting artworks is very expensive. I would have thought the art gallery would pay for it...no wonder many artists are starving!

Mieko said...

Thanks Helen.
I also would have thought it even though it would be incluneded in partitipation fee.
And if the work were small, she could have rent a car, or her friends could have helped her.

If she become famous, the art gallery should pahy for it.

Thanks Helen for dropping my blog, and leaving a wonderful comment.


Anonymous said...

The art work is beautiful, but tell T. that in the future maybe she should concentrate on SMALL pieces! Ha, Ha! Serious, when I first saw the photo I immediately thought of the difficulties of getting the piece there (even in pieces. Somehow there should be a fund to at least pay for the transfer to the other museum. Was her prize a cash prize or just an "honor" prize? Congratulations to T....it's very impressive. Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks Jan. It's an "honor" prize. This winter she is going to hold her own exhibition in Harakjyuku. Until then this work has to be kept in the room you stayed at Hiroko-san's house.