Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Interesting questions about Japan -1-

I got these questions about Japan from .
They are really interesting to me, I read these questions with a laugh. Let me try to answer to them.

1 - Did you know that Japanese children clean their schools every day for a quarter of an hour with teachers, which led to the emergence of a Japanese generation who is modest and keen on cleanliness?

Partly it's true, and partly it's not true.
Actually at school we have cleaning time. All students and teachers clean the classrooms, the gym, the garden and even the toilets. Usualy we don't have janitors to clean the school. For Japanese people it's a usual thing. But I know for many foreigners it seems to be strange. I know an abroad student who came to study about Japanese education selected "cleaning time at school" as  a topic for her  thesis. But I don't think it leads to being keen on cleanliness. Every one prefers being clean to being dirty, don't they? I think cleaning schools suggests  to students that we should organize our things by ourselves.

2 - Did you know that any Japanese citizen who has a dog must carry a bag and special bags to pick up dog droppings.  Hygiene and their eagerness to address cleanliness is part of Japanese ethics?

Well, well, I was really surprised to this question. When you  are walking your dog and he drops, what do you do? Do you leave them there? It's just a manner, isn't it?

3- Did you know that hygiene worker in Japan is called "health engineer" and can command salary of USD 5000 to 8000 per month, and a cleaner is subjected to written and oral tests?

I don't know it. I know that they have the license to be a health engineer, like a teacher, a pharmacist, and so on. But I don't think they earn such high salary. In Japan salary is decided by their career, working place and age.

Now it's time to work. These questions are not finished. --- to be continued.

No comments: