Saturday, February 08, 2014

Excuse consumption

"Excuse consumption", I knew this word recently , of course in Japanese. I translated this word literally in English.

When you feel conflicted whether you allowed to buy buy a thing or not, you don't like to buy it depending on your mood,  so you make a legitimate reason unconsciously. This way is excuse consumption.
And people who do excuse consumption are more satisfied with things they bought.

Now I'm thinking whether I will take a one-day training workshop or not. It costs 45000 yen. If I attend the workshop I'll be a more skilled teacher, or leader. But I don't know how long I will run this school in the future. For me it might be more useful to attend a health program.
On the other hand sometimes I think that appearing something new is a time when I need it, so I should learn it without hesitating. And at least I'm working. I can afford to pay it (though I go out for lunch or dinner less.)

What do you think of it?



No comments: