Wednesday, January 14, 2015

DONTO-yaki



Probably all Japanese people have started usual days. However January is the `first month` of the year. So some interesting things were held.
Last weekend my friend I went to HATSUICHI, which means the first fair. There some luck are sold, like DARUMA. Here in Utsunomiya, `Kibuna` is popular as luck. Kibuna means ` a yellow carp`.




It is said that once upon a time a big yellow carp saved people in Utsunomiya who caught the plague.
We put such lucks in our room which would bring us happiness, health, and richness??.

On the other hand we have to `give` the old lucks to shrine, not to discard.


So this morning I went to a shrine nearby with the old things and put them. It was too early to see the torch. Today the old lucks are burned and --- (I don't know whether my sentence is correct or not.) and their wish are sublimed or go to heaven.




No comments: