Monday, January 25, 2016

Haiku

Have you ever heard of Haiku? It is the shortest poem in the world. It has only three lines. In Japanese the lines have 5,7, and 5 syllables. There is one important point about the Haiku. It usually has a Kiko, or a season word.
One of the most famous Haikus goes like this; Furu-ike ya / Kawazu tobikomu / mizu no oto
Compare this with its English version; The old pond / A frog jumps in / The sound of water.
Of course the seasnoal word of this Haiku is a frog. It's a word for spring.
 
Well I sometimes attend a meeting of Hiku.
Next week I'll attend the meeting after a long interval.
 
I'll introduce my Haikus before the meeting in English.
I hope you enjoy my Haikus with your imagination.
 
 
 

On a curbstone / chillaxingly, quietly / sit in the winter sun

branches broke / strict winter as usual/ here is Utsunomiya
 
 


No comments: