Thursday, May 19, 2016

Making HAIKU and post cards


The day before yesterday  I hold an event at my house. It was "making Haiku in English and  a post card".
Three ladies came.

I served sweet black lentils which I made the day before yesterday to visit the garden of my friend, and, spiced mango jam my friend sent. Perfect! 






Every one made HAIKU
---- Haiku is the shortest poem in the world. It has only three lines and in Japanese it has 5, 7, and 7 syllables. In these lines people feel the poet's ideas and imagination. There is one important point about Haiku, it usually has KIKO, a season word.
KIKO is typical of Haiku. KIKO often expanded the reader's imagination.




There are my HAIKU.
Up up up   A Ferris wheel goes up   over the frying carps.
 
(People raise carp streamers to celebrate Japanese children day in May)
 
Thanks  Here is a strawberry with "very"
(Happy Mother's day)
 
At the garden   Enjoy soft breeze  With homemade rose pie



 
 
I sent these cards to some of my friends in foreign countries.
If you want such cards from me, please give me a comment.
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy all the creative, social gatherings you do..something I think it perhaps unusual in Japan? Isn't "retirement" a wonderful time in your life to be able to do these things for yourself! It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive...or even large to enjoy a new experience and challenge with new and old friends. Good for you, Mieko...you are making wonderful memories and maybe inspiring others to do the same. Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks for leveraging a comment here, Jan. Probably Japanese (mainly) women are getting used to being taught or teaching, instead of sharing, exploring and enjoying together. I try not to be teacher just to be an organizer, though sometimes I am seemed to be a teacher.
Anyway for a while, ii pursue something to make myself enjoyable, not to make other enjoynable, to teach English is my job,, which is to make kids to be more interested I Englsih. ( well I was going to say to make their score higher, but it is too difficult)


And, it is really important I permanently pursue you.

Additionally Yuki also permanently pursuer nick's score.