Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Sweets

Let me introduce sweets I took during the last week and "yesterday".
I heard that enjoying tea at café "was" a kind of European culture. Appearing Starbucks and other coffee shops seemed to change the culture, especially in the U.S.A.
On the other hand, probably in Japan when I was born there were coffee shops ( we call them Kissa ten). When I was a high school student, I enjoyed having a cup of coffee at a coffee shop near my high school to pretend to be an adult. ( Of course it's "not" illegal. I preferred staying at a coffee shop to a hamburger shop.)
This habit seems to be continued. So as you know I play the piano once a month at a café.
And sometimes I dropped by at a café nearby.

One day of the last week I dropped by there. The owner is a lady who is in her forties.
Now it's the season for a baked apple. I had it. It is a whole apple baked.




And on Saturday Yuki and I also dropped at a café and used book shop.
There on the first floor a man runs a café, and on the second floor his wife runs an used book shop and private library.
There some of my English picture books are also put on the shelf. I brought some books for November.




















and we had coffee and this small cup cake for free -- because on the day a Halloween event was hold. They serve this cupcake for free to people who wear something different ( not to put on perfect costume). We went there in strange hats.



 
And on Sunday we had breakfast outside. -- This is Sweet bean paste toast.
I know someone doesn't like it.



And yesterday, two women came to my house and we made lemon soufflé.
 



Today it is in the middle of the week, isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine WHO would not like red bean paste! 🙄😝

Mieko said...

Probably --- YOU!!