Monday, September 04, 2017

Utsunomiya Toast Masters' meeting

Yesterday I attended the Toast Master's meeting. This time my role was to evaluate how to organize the whole meeting. So I watched the meeting carefully while summarizing the flow.
I'll show the summarize.

First the meeting was started with table topics in English.
I was the first person to offer the theme of table topic. My theme was "haiku", and (thanks to Tim) I asked them two riddles. One is of course Mr. Toad and Mrs. Toad, the other is my Haiku .
Each speaker I appointed made a speech with solving the riddles.  This theme seemed to make the atmosphere fun.
The next person was Mr. T.  asked for the speech about "leaf," and "falling leaves". They were very seasonal topics.
Mr.H made a speech about Gingko trees. And I made a speech about picking up Gingko nuts.
Have you ever picked up Gingko nuts?
In my high school there were ( and now) many Gingko trees. So the students at that time  used to pick up premature Gingko nuts which fell on the ground, made them matured and sell them at the school festival.
premature Gingko nuts are covered with wet skin. They are very stink. We dag a hole and put them into it, and waited for a month. The skin melt into the ground, So we could get just hard Gingko nuts We washed and dried them, and soled them.

Oh, go back to the flow of Toast Masters' meeting.

Then Mrs.M asked for the speech about the recent J-alert.  It was a very timely topic.
Ms.E and Mr.T talked about their experiences at that time in turn.

Next it was the time for prepared speeches.
The first one was Data Science. the speaker was Mr. T.
He loves science, and I know he wanted to show the detail of the Data Science but he also knew it would be difficult for some listeners. So he introduced what was Data science, and how we were involved by it. The contents were very interesting and easy to listen to.
The next one was Toast Master's Organization.  The speaker was Mr. H. Mr.H is a Toast Master's area governor. On that day he just visited us. So it was a good opportunity for us to know Toast Masters more.

Oh, these two prepared speeches were done in Japanese.

And we also make short speeches in Japanese.
The first theme was just the word "TE N KI".
This word has lots of meanings depends on how to write it in Kanji.  (I didn't notice, What I imaged was just one meaning at that time.) The speaker was Mr.E, She quickly noticed two meanings, and made a speech about two words.
Additionally the two meanings were  weather and turning points.

And the other them was Mr.E asked for the area governor Mt.H. What brought you to become an area governor though the organization of Toast Masters is just a voluntary group, not a workplace.
It was very interesting.

The meeting was about two-hour meeting.

It was fun.


However fortunately there were four members this time, usually we don't have enough numbers of attendee. (And I hardly attend it) .  I hope this group activity will continue, on the other hand I keep thinking I should quick it.

No comments: