Tuesday, October 31, 2017

pottery art exhibition

Sometimes I become a quick doer.
On one day I found this article on the newspaper.

As soon as I saw it, I really wanted to see it. On the day I was going to go out to buy some bread nearby, however I extemporaneously decided to go to see this exhibit..
These things are --- I thought dishes. However they were chopstick rests or you can say spoon rests.


It is important to see actual things.
The attractive thing is Japanese old poems called HYAKUNIN ISYYU are written on each pottery.
HYAKUHIN ISYYU is a kind of mother goose.
Some pictures are drawn by hand, and the others are used printed sheet (porcelain art, and we call "porcelart" in Japanese), but all letters are written in handwriting.
Fortunately I could see the organizer, who is an artist and is almost 80. Her back is straight and very "cool".
Still now she teaches art at a college, on the other hand she has art classes at her house. Her students are from the young to the elderly.  The pottery are made and written by her and her students. So the letters are from classical types to round types which is used by the young.
This exhibitions is hold by supported by the college she works, and the city hall.
And she is going  to held her own exhibition .
I want to see her exhibition in next month.
Sometimes it is good to go out without thinkin any thing.


2 comments:

AikenJan said...

A long English word....

Extemporaneous. (X tem por ain e ous)

It means to do something on a whim..at the last minute...without planning ahead.

Mieko extemporaneously decided to go to see an exhibit of chop stick porcelain rests.

Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks Jan.