Wednesday, December 06, 2017

going out alone on weekdays in November

Though just December has started, but I feel the end of this year is just around the corner.
Nowadays, on weekdays I try to study English constantly (it is another thing whether my English is improved or not) and try to go to the gym in the morning. And after lunch at home, I organize my lesson materials, voluntary works, and practice the piano. Three days of weekdays I have lessons from the evening. Another weekday I go out to do voluntary work, or play the piano at "the" cafe, or hold an event at home. And the other weekday I schedule to go to Tokyo to visit my mother. However visiting there is once or twice a month. So I have sometimes all-free day.

My daily life seems to be busy, active and meaningful, however I want to have more cultural time (not exercise time, I know the lack of exercise time though)

It might sounds good to chat with friends, or go out together, however, it is troublesome for me to schedule it. So I go out when I want to go out at ease.

In November, I went to three galleries in Utsumoniya.


The first one is a small gallery, which I knew on the advertisement on the newspaper.



I dropped by there.
It was small but very cozy.
Some regulars were chatting there, so I was going to go out quickly after short visit, however luckly "how about having tea together?" I was asked.
So  of course I enjoyed tea together.

Another one is an individual exhibition.
Last month I saw her group exhibition at a city facility, and had an interest. Then I got a advertise post card to this exhibition.
There some her friends were chatting. However she remembered me, so I also talked with her.
It was also good time.
And on the way home, I decided to have a tea at a gallery café.






It was a "café", however there were many regulars who were chatting.
So I hesitated to enter the café, but --- as I guess, I was asked "let's have tea together".

In the café , a small individual exhibition was held. The painter was there, she was 80, and though I didn't know that, she was a little bit famous in Utsunomiya, so to celebrate her individual exhibition some (Utsunomiy) cultural figures gathered there.
I got new information there. Lucky me.
And it is a café, so I ordered 400-yen fruit tea, however lots sweets was served.


4 comments:

AikenJan said...

It is easy to see where your artist daughter gets her “artistic genes.” You may have been more “practical” by getting a science education, but I remember you once thought of a music career, so that creative aspect of your DNA has served your daughter. Or, some might say it is a curse! I know of people who lived from what we say...”hand to mouth”...meaning never being financial comfortable or independent because they could never be happy with a career other than their passion for art, theater, music, sports, etc. New York City is filled with waiters who still dream of becoming a star on Broadway.
Going out alone to galleries allows you to meet and interact with interesting people and also shows self-confidence. Good for you! Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments, Jan. You mentioned "artistic genes", well, well, My daughters are also Yuki's daughter, so where is "athletic genes"? When he was a high school student, did you know that-- he became a champion at a Kantou (Tokyo, and other nearby prefectures including Tochigi) tennis competition once. Except Yuki all of our family are not so interested in doing sports.

AikenJan said...

As we know, genes often skip at least one generation...maybe your granddaughter will be a wonderful athlete...given the opportunity and encouragement! Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks Jan, you always reply my comments with a witty remarks. Yes, yes you noticed a good point.