Friday, January 12, 2007

1000yen cleaning of ventilator at kitchen

As I always tell you, I don't like cleaning. BUT I don't like something dirty. The end of the last year I cleaned rouhfly in the area where I could see and I could reach without a ladder. So I didn't clean the ventilator. BUT it was till on my mind to have the ventilator cleaned.

The other day I got a call of 1000 yen cleaning.
I accepted the offer.
I thought it might be fraud, or high-pressure sale. So I asked a friend to come to watch the cleaning together.

Yesterday one "boy" came. Actaully he was a 20-year old boy.
As soon as he came home, I thought "our OBASAN(middle aged women) power would overcome him, if he pushed somthig ou us".

He cleaned the ventilator carefully.
And he seemed to be really confuesed with our OBASAN talk.

Finally I had the boy cleaned the ventilator in oil professionally and now it is off my mind.
I'm really happy to see the clean ventilator in my kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story reminds me of a scene from Ozu's movie "Ohayo". A threatening peddlar goes house and to house and most of the housewives are afraid not to buy something from him. But one of the housewive's mother is a tough, old lady. She goes to the door to bargain with him and the peddler can't scare her into anything. He tries to sell her a pencil and she gets a large knife from the kitchen to sharpen it. The peddlar becomes frightened and leaves quickly.

Obasan-power, indeed!

Mieko said...

I thought I'd alreday known the story of Ozu. But I didn't know the story you told me.
"It's fun!" and actualy we (the friend and I) are a tough and a little bit old ladies.