Sunday, January 28, 2007

To belong to a group

There's a space for consultation from readers in the newspaper. It is interesting to me to read it. Something is fun, something is like my worry and something is rid******.(I can'tsay it directly).

The other day I saw an interesting contribution. It was from a senior high school girl.
According to her story; She is really friendly with two girls, she belongs to the friendly group. But these days she seems to be disliked by one of them. Being with them she feels like being left behind. She can't bear the situation. But she can't move to other groups now because other groups are already fixed. She is getting to dislike to go to school. She said "what should I do?"

I can really understand her worry. My daughter and my junior high school students have been worried about the same thing.

The counselor says; Why do you cling to "group"? Try to put away the way to think that "to belong to a group means to have a good friend". I understand this advice too. But probably it must not solve her worry.

To belong to a group is , I think, easy to live school life calmly. Being alone is really scary for the adolescent. But it is hard to keep being a good group. I think this is a typical issue not only for the adolescent but also Japanese women.
Even for me, I sometimes think about a group, though in my case I belong to a group or not. Because having a group seems to be easy to live a usual life.

No comments: