Sunday, February 04, 2007

Japaese picturebooks exhibiton








I went an exhibition of Japanese picture books. It is an unusual thing that such exhibition is held in this rural city. It was full of family and some old women (including me). I think the women are volunteers to read picture books to kids somewhere or nursery school teachers.Every kid seemed to enjoy reading books. Seeing the sight I thought bullying world that is now a big issue at school would never exist. From when kids and parents will be busy into their life and loose such fantastic leisure. Everybody including me (probably) was smiling.
There are some awarded pictures drawn by kids in the room. Every picture was lovable. What talented kids they are! Looking at the pictures the future of the kids seems to be full of possibility. Additionaly my younger daughter has got award sometimes when she was a lower grade. I reminded of the her. Where has the talent of her gone? --though she keeps her unique personality even now.
Of course many foreign picture books which are translated in Japanese were introduced. I found some books that I have. It was the first time to read the books in Japanese. I'm really impressed "what perfect sentences they are!” I realized again that translators were really talented in Japanese though I already knew. We are Japanese, so when we read Japanese picture books, we can guess the writers feeling that are not written from pictures drwaing Japanese culture and history as the background. But on the contrary sometimes it is difficult to understand such feeling of foreign pictures books. On some books translators translate the sentences with some suitable supplementing words.
I got lots of post cards for free. What post cards are your favorites?

No comments: