Saturday, February 10, 2007

strange? or reasonable?




Next Wednesday , it is Valentine's Day. In Japan, though I don't know the reason, we have a custome to pleasent chocolate from women to men. My lessons of this week is called "Valentine's week." I read some picture books related with Valentine's Day, and give choclates to all students.


A junior high school student said a strange? or reasonable thing.


On the day all students were really sleepy. So I shouted, "wake up, wake up, let's study!". When I gave these chocolates, a student said "having a chocolate will make me awake. May I have it before studying?". I said "sure".

But another student said, " I think so, but today I want to go to bed as soon as this lesson is finished. If I have it and make me awake clearly, I can't to do that. So I dare not to have it, I magange to bear this sleep".

Well, is her excuse strange? or reasonable?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate does have a small amount of caffine in it, but I cannot imagine one piece would affect a person's rest! Perhaps it is what we call "power of suggestion." In otherwords, "I've heard it might keep me awake, therefore it will." Jan

Mieko said...

Jan, thanks for telling correct sentense. Probably they were not to eager to get chocolate. they thought having something might keep them awake.