Wednesday, February 21, 2007

tiny complaints

There is my favorite bread shop nearby. They deal with various original breads. I like one of them. BUT I have a tiny complaint. It is a kind of "ANPAN"; that has AN(bean paste) and GYUHI(kind of Japanese sweets), and wrapped with sesami. I love it.
BUT the type of AN is not smooth type, rough type. If it were smooth type, it would be perfect for me.

The other day I had fresh ripen "KINKAN" ( a kind of tiny orange? lime?). It was the first time for me to eat them. Though I eaten KINKAN, they are boiled ones with sugar. It was really delicious. I want to eat again. But it's expensive, and probably the way to get them is telephone shopping or net shopping. Moreover my daughter and my husband don't like them.
My daughther is allergic to some acid in fruits, so she doesn' t have fruit so much. My husband proably eats KINKAN when I serve. BUT not so impressed.
Is it OK to buy the expensive thing for only my plesure?
If I want to buy clothes, I'm not puzzled, but about food-- I 'm puzzled which to choose something I only want to eat, or somehting my family want to eat.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Of course it's okay! I try not to eat sugar so I always buy Zero chocolate, the type with no sugar. I hide it from my husband! He can eat chocolate from any convenience store or grocery store...I can't.

How expensive are you talking about? If it's around 10,000 yen, well, maybe it's not so great, but if it's less, you might be okay! Go for it!

Anonymous said...

I agree. We are individuals with likes and dislikes unique to us alone. Being a partner or a parent shouldn't take away our own personality. My husband hates olives...I love olives. While I respect his distaste for them and do not include them in my cooking, I always have a jar of olives and enjoy them when I make something for myself. My husband likes anchovies and I cannot stand to eat them, but I will put them on his Caesar salad or on his side of the pizza! Jan

Mieko said...

To helen
Zero chocolate??? what kind of chocolate? is it a Japanese chocolate? It seems to be unsweet chocolate.

To Jan
I want to buy ripped fresh KINKAN, and my husband wants to have a specail farmer's ripped oranges.
The way to solve these problems ( not a big problem) calmly is buying both, isn't it?

Helen said...

Yes, Zero is Japanese chocolate with no sugar. It's not bad...real chocolate is better of course, but I can't eat it. I buy Zero at some drug stores or supermarkets.