Friday, June 15, 2007

fresh leeks







I got lots of leeks from my garden. These leeks are so thin, but they are such kind of leeks. (What do I say? It's mean they are not malnutrition, they are good thin leeks)
I minced some of them and freezed.
I grilled chicen and these leeks with Miso paste and put into today's OBENTOU.
AND
I also made salad with potatoes, white asparagus and fresh leeks instead of parsley.
Looks good and tastes good.
It tastes bitter than using parsley.
I enjoyged leeks, thanks for my garden.
Well, I wonder if the leek in the garden will recover. Because just I only cut , and leeks come from bubls. What do you think of it?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at your photos, I wonder if you have CHIVES rather than LEEKS in your garden. Do you know the difference between them?

Mieko said...

We call it "ASATSUKI", it is from Japan. And about CHIVES, we call them Japanese ASATSUKI. They look look the same. Both scholarly names are exactly alike. Asatsuki 's name is "A. schoenoprasum var. foliosum", and Chives name is "A. schoenoprasum".
According to the botanical book, the leaves of ASATSUKI run out in summer, but the bulbs are alive under the ground.