Saturday, June 30, 2007

What are the three most important qualities in a teacher?

There are many opinions in different situations. At first I’m thinking as one of parents.
I suppose the things what parents seek are different according to where teachers work. Especially cram school teachers and public school teachers are quite different. I want elementary and junior high school teachers. Students can’t choose school teachers, but can choose cram school teachers. So I want public school teachers to be fair, understanding (empathetic) and have eagerness to communicate with students. On the other hand I want cram school teachers and high school teachers to be skilful, to have own policy about their lesson, and encouraging.
I’m thinking about myself. I have some students. It means I’m a kind of teacher, but not a public school teacher, not a cram school teacher. I’m not sure what parents expect me. And I know, If I reached exactly what current parents except and if I had those things, my school would be bigger. In this point I’m not good at business.
What I think is that I want to be encouraging, advanced and ( a little bit) skilful.

No comments: