Monday, June 18, 2007

Rainy season starts


According to the weather report we are into rainy season. BUT it is a really fine day, I "have to" water the garden. As you know in Japan it is really humid, and my house is old, so this season sometimes slugs come out in the bath room. If you stayed with us and found a slug, please not be surprised at it. Of course I hate them. When I find them, I pick them up with wood chop sticks and put them away outside. They are too slimy for me to kill(crsuh?) them.
On the other hand when I found cockroaches I squash them with slipper in one.
I can imagine that you are reading this diary with a frown.
I clean my house alomst evey day, so it is not so dirty, probably just it is old.

This season sometimes I found snails in my garden. They are not so bad.
When I was a little, I had thought slugs were homeless snails.
Anyway I put these snails on the shelf in the entrance hall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said that sluggs are too slimy for you to handle. I don't blame you! Sometimes people sprinkle salt on them, which "dries" them up and they die. Have you ever tried this? Jan

Anonymous said...

You say that your house is old. Do you know what year it was built?

Mieko said...

To Jan
I used to like doing it. I was a mean girl. Now I became gentle, so I let them go out.
And this house was built about 20 years ago, and as you know we (my husband and I) are not good at mainting. And About Japanese nowdays bousese (I mantion houses which are bulit after the War), if they are older than 15 years , they are said "an old house".