Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Welcome to the world of wearing presbyopia glasses



I went to a gasses shop and bought two new pairs of glasses. The top one and the bottom one.

This time I learnd about lenses.

There are five kinds of lenses, the first one is for looking at far places and driving, the second one is for looking at far, a little bit far and near places. You can drive wearing the first one or the second one.

The third one is for looking at a little bit far places and near places. It is useful to watch TV, to read books or to use desktop PC.

The fourth one is for looking at near places as far as your hand. It is useful to read books or to use raptop PC.

And the last one is only for looking at things very close. It is useful for sawing.

I bought the third one. They are big glasses on the bottom of the picture.

And I am nearsighted and the symptome became worse. So I bought new glasses for driving. They are smallest blasses on the top of the picture. And the glasses in the middle are my usual glasses.

Now I use the big one inside, and the middle one outside.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

ahh... so you too have multiple needs now. I have got my first set of bi-focals this year. So, in one set of glasses I have the upper part of the lenses to the prescription I need for distance (driving, computer screen, anything less than an arms length away or further)... the lower part of the lense is done with my reading prescription so I can read small print, books, labels.

We have reached 'middle age' Mieko, now that one prescription is not enough for us!