Monday, November 05, 2007

How many times have I said to my daughter "study more"?

Now my younger daughter has lots of free time, though she goes to cram school once a week, takes art lessons once a week, and takes calligraphy lessons once a week. most of her friends are studying hard to takethe entrance exam for universities in winter.
So she decided to work part time job. It' OK. But I say to her as usual "study English".

In her case, she passed the college without taking exam of English.
But at college, English is really important.
So I say to her "study English".

She said "Even I passed the college , you order me to study more?"
So I said "not more , to study constantly".
And I add, "I have been saying to you "study, study" since you were little, but now there are only 4 months you can hear such a phrase from me"

She said nothing. And she seems to study English as usual when she were a canditate for a college.

I thought actually "how many times did I say to her "study more"! ?"
I can't count it.

No comments: