Sunday, January 20, 2008

Conming of Age day -2-

At the ceremony she got some books and handouts. They are really intereseting.
A book written the history of this city, handouts about DV(Dmestic Voilence), tax,fraud. And a handout that recommends to vote in elections. ( In Japan people more than 20 years oldcan vote in public elections). And the other handout that recommends to have a donor card.
I'm really surprised. When I was 20 years old, what I got?

Anyway compared with my 20th day, these days seem to be more dangerous, rude. So they have to present handouts about eleciton, tax, DV. On the other hand about medical field, many laws seem to be set.

Every handout is really intereseting to "me". I've read well. Why? Because she put them here. I wonder how many new 20-year-old people read these handouts? Is it a kind of waste of our tax?
I think they should set a law to write a report about these books after attending the ceremony.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Interesting blog! Your English writing is good!


Chris.

Anonymous said...

To Chris, thanks for your comments. I got middle age, but I'm going to continue studying English.

owenandbenjamin said...

In the United States, there are three ages that are similar to Coming of Age in Japan. They are 16, 18 and 21.

Sixteen is when you are expected to act more like an adult and you can drive a car. Eighteen is when you are now legally an adult and can vote and men can be sent to war. Twenty-one is when you can legally drink alcohol and often when one graduates from college and starts their adult life.