Friday, April 11, 2008

My new recipe




Do you know GOBOU? It is burdock. Now burdock is in season.
The other day a friend sent a bag of spcie as a suvenior of her trip to Indonesia. So I tried to use them. Today I used whole clove. Usualy I use clove powder for pork dishes, but it is the first time to use whole clove. I quick sauted them with olive oil and simmered chiken and burdock pouring red wine.. Adding balsamico vinegar made them really soft. And I seasoned them with whole clove, salt &pepper and more olive oil. I wanted to add some garic, but the smell seems to cause trouble for others to eat them for breakfast, so I didn't add it. To make the color clear I added some leek.
Tastes "great".

Today's menus is that;
black:simmered sea weed with vegetables seasoned by say souce.
brown;quick sauted and simmered chicken and burdock seasoned with clove
orange; marinated lettcue and carrots.

I'm looking forward to using other spice.

2 comments:

Kharina said...

Hi Mieko, I was wondering what kind of spice was between the cinnamon and the caraway. It's the black block.

I love cloves, especially in baking. I also love making masala chai with it, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, black pepper and simmer for 10 minutes. Add black tea, strain then add milk and sugar or honey. It's delicious on a cold day and wonderful if you have a cold.

Mieko said...

It was whole nutmeg. I'm going to bake "strawberry pie" with it. (though course I have to grind it).
I also love pepper milk tea.

Well, yesterday I sliced orange and I put the peel into honney and add some clove seeds.