Saturday, April 05, 2008

cherry blossoms




Now we are in spring, we enjoy cherry blossoms, here and there this weekend cherry blossom festivals are held.
Last night I went to a park near here with my young friend. We enjoyed seeing illuminated cherry blossomes. Can you see somthing pink? It's a tower. There is a small tower in the park. The power is also illuminated by light, and I heard the color changes everyday. Last night it was pink.
This morning my husand and I went to another park. Before opeing stand stalls there were not many people. We enjoyed cherry blossomes having coffee ( I bought a thermos with coffee.)
We used to go there every spring since our daughters were born. Today many kids were playing with equipments my daughters loved. When my younger daughter was little, she was too scared of them to play with them, and cried. --- We talked about our kids' memory. --- We are really a senior couple.
Anyway we couled enjoy short-lived cherry blossoms. Probably next week they will get into green leaves.
I'll introduce a Japanese typcil song about cherry blossoms (SAKURA), though it is a part of it.
Sakura, Sakura
have you seen the old cherry tree blossoming so breathtakingly?
It's a very glorious thing
fragrant flowers seem to sing
Come and see, come and see
see what joy they bring

No comments: