Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day and rainy season




Yesterday, it was Father's Day. Our daughters came back to celebrate the day, though only 5 hours staying. He looked really happy. When our daughters stayed with us, he used to calim for free-Sunday. So our daughters have presented him one-day-free chicket for tennis.
But yesterday, he canceled his usualy schedul (playing golf and tennis), he stayed home to share the daytime with his daughters. I understood that not only I but also he feels lonly after his daughters left home. At night when they returned to TOKYO, he said heartily "it was a really good day today".
And I understood, these days he often contacts with his mother by himself. Now he seems to understand that "it is happy to get call from her or his child.".
Well, now in Japan it is rainy season, though today it is fine so I dry FUTON up.
And my friend sent her homemade pickled shallots. Can you see two bins? The shallots are from different area. One is from TOTTORI, they look a little bit small and young. So the taste is sour and sweet. Another one is from KAGOSHIMA, they look a big. So the taste is sour and hard. Both of them are yummy. I'm really happy to get her pickled shallots every year. I'll overcome humid rainyseason, and humid and hot summer eating these shallots.
And I change the entrance home. What do you image hearing rainy season. snails and hydrangeas are typical thins in Japan, I think. The day before yesterday I went to MOTEGI to make this woody work.
My husband and I had a full weenend, and really we were realy happy.
One trouble thing is --- I had to do house chorse more than usual. (It was a usual thing until 2 years ago.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both jars of shallots look much larger tha what I buy here in the US. Pickled shallots is something I have never seen here. Kagoshima is famous for dakon radish...do they pickle those, too? I ate shredded dakon often while visiting Japan but although I occasionally see it here in the market, I have never been to a home or restaurant that uses it.
Food tastes are so "regional" and what you grow up with at home. Jan

Anonymous said...

We pickled many vegetables; Daikon, Rakkyo(these shallots), ccucumbers(today I did it).
These pickled Rakkyo, probably children don't like them, and I did't like them either when I was a child. But they are populer things. Probably when you order curry&rice at a typical restaulnt in Japan, they are served as a garnish. AND FUKUJINZUKE (pickled daikon, and the color is light red) is also served with them.