Monday, June 09, 2008

A pro is a pro.












Yesterday , a woman came to my house, though it was just one-hour stay.

Did I tell you?

My friends (including my husband ) and I are going to hold a concert at the tea room KARAKU in August. ( The memberas are called or called themselves almost last in our 40's .)

And now I go to TOKYO twice a month to take English pronoune lessons.

As you know I've studying English for many years, and what is my goal?

Probably I don't have a goal. But these days I'm rearlly intereseted in reading picturebooks in English to others. Now I have a job to teach English. But when I'm in my 60's, what can I do? what makes me intereseted? I thought if I were AUNT-MIEKO who loves to read picture books to others.

So I started to take pronouce lessons in TOKYO. I'm not sure, I will be able to continue, because of my health condition and budget. Anyway I go as much as I can.
And the teacher comes to my house yesterday.

She is going to join the concert as a reader. a kind of a staff meeting.
We arranged music, books, and other thing for the concert. And my husband joined us, of coure he is going to play the bass at the concert.
It was the first time for him to read picturebooks to him in English.

He understood, what I wanted to do.
Though he doesn't deny what I do, he often says "is it enough to study Enligh?"
He worries my health condition, and buddget.
But after the meeting, he said.
Hang in there, we have little chance to inveset mony in ourselves.

He encouraged me.
And he also said
I also put "some"money in myself to participate in senior golf tournamnet when I'm in my 60's.
Well---- the biggest thing that makes me worried is ---- money.(big sigh)
I found a caterpillar in the garden.
and
suddenly yesterday my younger daughter came to my house , she said "I dond't nothing, I want to do without anything."

According to her, on weenends she is always busy to do house chores. It's OK to do nothing in my house. But next ween she is also coming back to celebrate Father's day. And lastend week she went out with us. When she (and her sister) does house chores (especailly wasing clothes and cleaning a room.)?
Anyway she stayed untill evening, so I baked chiffon cake, and she took most of them as today's breakfast.

2 comments:

Kharina said...

Do you watch any English or American films? It always helps with languages and pronunciation.

I hope you are OK, I heard about the earthquake up north of Japan. I can't remember with prefecture you live in, so thought I better write a quick note. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you. We are OK, thought it is causeing big damage to IWATE.

These days lots of disasters happen here and there. Where our earth goes?