Monday, June 02, 2008

We went to TOKYO




We went to TOKYO.
At first in the morning I went to an exhibiition what was held by my friend. She loves handmade works. When I met her, she was just a lover of handmade works. And one day one of her works was on the magaine, and she was asked to sell her works. She sent some works to some shops, and started her shop on the net. And finally she held an exhibition and one-week-shop with her friends.
And in the afternoon I went to my elder daughter's first exhibiton (though it was held with 10 her friends). She is a student in solid-art (3-D art?), and now her speciality is paper. This time she showed three big works made by paper that she made or she processed. Of corse al works were good. But I was impressed that she made "big works". Her height is only 146cm (though she said "I didn't have any complains.) But I was really worried about her heigt. (And I was also really worried about my younger daughter's atopic dermatitis.) Now she deals with big things. I'm really surprised.
All members went to see her works; my husband, my mother-in-law, my mother, my younger daughter , me and my next-door neighbor's daughter. We had a good time.
Tokyo is far, and a big city. And I'm a housewife (though there is only two members in my house.) My husband and I dropped by a depertment store to buy "expencive" and "unusual" (it means we can't buy at a depertment store in this town) Delitatessen (including cake.) We enjoyed "wonderful" dinner at home. (If there are 4 members, I probably will cook dinner or buy inexpencive OBENTOU for all members.)
Actaully I feel realy lonly these days, but sometimes I enjoy being with only my husband.
Anyway I had a good time in TOKYO.

3 comments:

Kharina said...

I take it the brown art work on the wall is the one your daughter made? Is it a cloud? Fantastic stuff, you must be so proud of her!

I've been to Tokyo but that was back in the 80's and I was very young, must have been 10 or 11 years old. I loved it though, and have wanted to go back since. I also really want to go to Kyoto.

You shouldn't need to feel lonely Mieko! You got plenty of friends here online. :D

Kristen said...

Your daughter's artwork is beautiful. She is really expanding her talent at school.

I love "depa-chika" foods. There is always something new and tasty to try.

Anonymous said...

Kharina, have you lived here? I'm glad to hear that.KYOTO is a beautiful city. When you come to Japan, you will be able to enjoy by different thinking when you were there. Thank you dear friends.

Kristen
Thanks for your comments.
Well, when I go to TOKYO I usually go to TAKASHIMAYA in SHINJYUKU because it is hear to my mother's house. This time I went to TOUBU in EKEBUKURO. I thought TOUBU has more kinds and easier to buy "depa-chika"foods. Where do you usually go?