Monday, September 01, 2008

August has gone and Sepetember has started


August has gone but we are still in the "humid" summer. Fortunately it is not so hot today.

Last week end, or the day before yesterday "the concert" was finished with success.
What is "the concert"?
Our concert; my friends and my husband&Mieko held a concert.
The title was "a collaboration between Jazz & English picture books".

English teller; Mayuka Habbick (She is a little bit famous English trainer in Japan)
singer; Naomi Iwamoto
bass & piano & MC ; Mieko & her husband ( He doesn't like to put his name on this blog)

The tea room was filled. After the concert everyone looked satisfied.
Now, the lilies' scent permeated our living room.
Yesterday I was in TOKYO and participated in a debating session for junior high school students.
The theme was "did ants evolved into bees? or did bees evolved into ants?"
It has another meaning "do you want to be an ant? or do you want to be a bee?"
My first answer or wish was "I want to be a bee, because if I were a bee, I could fly, I could see all around the world".
But listening to the session, my thinking way was changed little by little.
Bees use their stings to protect themselves, and after they sting someone they also die.
Ants can live steadily.
The MC said, women tend to want to be a bee, they often said "the life is once", on the other hand men tend to want be an ant "steady life is important. Adventures are not all of the life".
What do you think of it?
(Sorr, there were (are) too many mistakes)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It sounds like the concert was a success. Please share more about your concert. What picture book did you read and did your husband MC only? Thank you for posting!

Anonymous said...

Mayuka read "courage" with my piano and my husbsand's bass. My husband played the bass, and I played the piano and MC.
Everybody is almost 50, so we feel asahmed of our lines.