Monday, September 22, 2008

table topic -1- my memorial thing in autumn with children

Last weekend I attended at a meeting of Toastmasters Club. A few months have passed since I attended last time. So I was really nervous to tell something in English. But unfortunately or fortunately I was asked to make a short speech about "my memorial thing in autumn with children".

I know, my speech was really bad, so to make my speech better, let me make(write) a speech(diary) here.

As you know, now my daughters are independent of us though not economically. So for me everything that we had in autumn when my daughters lived together is memorial thing.

The word of autumn reminds me colorful leaves at first. To collect colorful leaves in NIKKO was a kind of job in autumn. Correctly we went to pick clear and perfect colorful leaves to NIKKO. NIKKO is really famous for its autumn view with colorful leaves.
Why? It must be your question. They enjoyed making something with them -- drawing pictures with the leaves, making bookmakers, or just watching them as decorations.
I think whey they were in the kindergarten, they drew pictures with colorful leaves. Since then they were interested in making something with colorful leaves. So we went to NIKKO not to see colorful leaves but also collect them.
During the season there is an enormous traffic man in NIKKO. So to escape from it we used to leave home at 4 or 4:30. It means we could get home at 8. So since we got home we used to go to bed again.
Now I seldom get up before five, or I can say I don't need to get up such an early hour in the morning.

So I can say, getting up before dawn in autumn is my memorial thing in autumn.

Additionally this summer my husband got up before dawn on weekends to start golf at the break of day. (The fee of dawn hours is really inexpensive, and unfortunately they have such an inexpensive plan only in the summer season.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.